So I finally unboxed my Cricut Explore Air 2 that I got as a birthday gift from my husband back in May, what took me so long you ask?! well life…moving, getting settled, house work… squeezing in “ME TIME” doesn’t come easy as a new mom. Especially when I love spending all my time with my sweet boy.
As I looked over everything that came with the Cricut I was a bit overwhelmed and assumed it was going to be hard. But hey, it was easier than I thought. Connecting my laptop to the Cricut was helpful because of the flash cards they provide. The Cricut also comes with cardstock sample to practice cutting before you use your own vinyl.
Here are some background info about the Explore Air 2:
Cut and write up to 2 times faster than previous Cricut Explore models with this DIY speed machine. Cricut Explore Air 2 cuts over 100 materials – everything from cardstock, vinyl, and iron-on to thicker materials like leather. Quickly. Beautifully. From cards to custom t-shirts to home décor, Cricut helps you create DIY projects in minutes. Design on the go on your favorite laptop, iPad or iPhone. Select from more than 3,000 ready-to-make projects or make quick cuts from our extensive image library. It features Cut Smart® technology for precision cutting and easy and pre-calibrated material selection. Cricut Explore Air 2’s multiple cutting modes give you even more freedom to personalize the way you design and create.
- Mint color
- Up to 2X faster
- Embedded Bluetooth® for wireless cutting
- Cut 100+ materials from vellum to leather
- Smart Set dial for easy material settings
- Double tool holder for cutting and writing or cutting and scoring in one step
- Upload your own images for free (.svg, .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, .dxf)
- Works with Cricut cartridges
- Integrated storage compartments
- Cricut Explore Air 2 machine
- Built-in wireless Bluetooth
- Cricut Design Space™ software and app
- German carbide premium blade
- USB cord and power cord
- Accessory adapter
- 100+ free images
- 50+ free project ideas
- Getting started guide
- Pen and cardstock sample
- Cricut 12″ x 12″ StandardGrip cutting mat
The only problem I had was understanding the tools you need to do a certain project, especially vinyl.
What I purchased:
- Vinyl (depending on your project) –Iron On Vinyl (Amazon) or All Purpose Vinyl (Amazon)
- Cricut Easy-Press
- Basic Tool Set
- Self-Healing Mat
- Grip mat (a standard grip mat comes with the cricut)
- Parchment Paper
- Transfer Sheet
- Work space/desk/table/counter nothing fancy
So far I recommend purchasing most of your tools from Amazon because it’s cheaper. I did link some of the Cricut items from Michaels and Target too.
Mistakes I made was purchasing vinyl for projects I wasn’t going to do yet. Simple mistakes but hey I’m learning. Practice makes perfect right?! So mastering the Cricut may take a while but I’m in NO rush whatsoever. I will post my first iron-on project when I get my vinyl in from Amazon. If you have any other questions or suggestions about Cricut please comment or message me. I would love to hear your experience and favorite projects.
Me ke aloha -SIMPLY SHANA